**Unlock offically out** iOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superus, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Wow, this is fantastic! This is going to make CraigsList a little more competitive.

2. fruitpunch.ben macrumors 6502a

fruitpunch.ben

confirmed it works with 3GS running 3.1.3 bootrom 5.12.01.
    Fantastic. Been using my iPhone as wifi-only for a few months now. Very happy! took all of 30 seconds to do the unlock. Only wish it didn't take this long to release!
    Now i'll see if I have the nerve to upgrade to iOS 4 :)

3. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

Stupid question time, can you unlock and do an upgrade to iOS4 or will that take the unlock off?

Not too worried about the jailbreaking part just the unlocking part.

I always thought the two went hand and hand.

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

5. ius-student macrumors newbie

ius-student

4.0 unlock works

It does go hand in hand. The unlock exploit wasn't released until the today because if it came out to days ago, apple would quickly patch the exploit. If you are using another cellular carrier and really want to jailbreak-unlock it go ahead. It works. I completely upgraded from my 4.0 beta version, jailbroke and then unlocked it. I put on craigslist and sold it within two hours. :)

*I must warn you though, I did't see if the pic messaging was working completely. I wasn't able to ssh into the phone. (I didn't have time the buyer was eager to leave.) I input the settings found here: http://leimobile.com/t-mobile-iphone-mms-settings-for-ios-4/

Just wanted to clarify that unlock works, but I didn't see if pic messaging was figured out.

6. gH0st macrumors newbie

hiii.. i got iphone 3gs 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01, i haven't unlock it yet, i wanna jailbreak it after i update it to 4.0 but i have seen the link and it says that,

Supported Device(s):

iPhone 3GS ONLY, with older bootrom which has at least been jailbroken once with either redsn0w, PwnageTool, Blackra1n or Sn0wbreeze. If your phone is one of those with newer bootrom, and has only been jailbroken with Spirit, this is not for you. You will end up getting 1600/1604 error when restoring the custom cooked firmware via iTunes.

i have the newer bootrom ayt? any help on jailbreaking ad unlocking my iphone 3gs on 4.0? thanksss really appreciate it, please NO FLAME!!

7. gH0st macrumors newbie

and if i want to jailbreak it and unlock it on os 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01, how do i do it? thankkksss

how did you do it on 3.1.3 05.12.01? stepsss pleaseee...

appreciate the help but i just got more confused.. sorry i'm just a noob...

8. California King macrumors 65816

Hmm, I get "wrong firmware bundle selected" after I select the ipsw in PwnageTool...any help?

9. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Select the 4.0 GM .ipsw instead of the official Apple 4.0 .ipsw. I know it sounds kind of strange, but it works, trust me.