Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Unlock Possible?

Eric Noa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Hey guys I have a iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0 (9A334) with Baseband 01.59.00 jailbroken/unlocked (Tethered) with ultrasn0w on T-Mobile and I was wondering if I could upgrade with a custom IPSW to iOS 5.1.1 and Untethered jailbreak/unlock the phone to work on T-Mobile?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, make sure you update to custom 5.1.1
Put your iphone in pwned DFU and restore by choosing that no_BB firmware. If you accidentally select the official 5.1.1 your unlock is gone.

Comment

Eric Noa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Yes, make sure you update to custom 5.1.1
Put your iphone in pwned DFU and restore by choosing that no_BB firmware. If you accidentally select the official 5.1.1 your unlock is gone.

Im doing it right now as I type this. Will let you know how it goes. I had to edit my host file because I was getting 1600 error on iTunes

----------

is stuck on the Apple logo with the bar underneath but the bar is filled like if it was done upgrading and on itunes the bar is 99% filled and its been like that for the past 10 minutes.

Comment

Dennis187

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
below you
Not sure about T-Mobile, but happy to say that I just unlocked my iPhone 4 going up on eBay today in anticipation of the upcoming iPhone 5 release this next month! Boooya!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.