Unlock Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eric Noa, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Hey guys I have a iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0 (9A334) with Baseband 01.59.00 jailbroken/unlocked (Tethered) with ultrasn0w on T-Mobile and I was wondering if I could upgrade with a custom IPSW to iOS 5.1.1 and Untethered jailbreak/unlock the phone to work on T-Mobile?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, make sure you update to custom 5.1.1
    Put your iphone in pwned DFU and restore by choosing that no_BB firmware. If you accidentally select the official 5.1.1 your unlock is gone.

3. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Im doing it right now as I type this. Will let you know how it goes. I had to edit my host file because I was getting 1600 error on iTunes

----------

is stuck on the Apple logo with the bar underneath but the bar is filled like if it was done upgrading and on itunes the bar is 99% filled and its been like that for the past 10 minutes.

4. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Not sure about T-Mobile, but happy to say that I just unlocked my iPhone 4 going up on eBay today in anticipation of the upcoming iPhone 5 release this next month! Boooya!

5. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa