Unlock sound

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h1r0ll3r, Sep 14, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322))

Is there anyway to change the default sound whenever you click/tap/slide to unlock your phone? I'm assuming I'd just need to SSH a new sound clip in to replace the default sound right? Does anyone know where the default sound clip is located?

2. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Take your sound file, convert it to AIFF, rename your file to ______.caf, and drop it into /System/Library/Audio/UISounds to replace the original.

Easier alternatives to SSH are PhoneView app (desktop application), and Netatalk (Cydia app; iPhone will show up in Mac OSX finder as a shared device).

Personally, I use the Mac start-up chime for my unlock sound.

3. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

4. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Or you can use ToneFXs to change the sound. Costs a few bucks but there's no hacking into the file system to do it.

5. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Cool thanks. Would rather SSH instead of using Winterboard

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

7. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

toneFX works awesome for ALL sounds in the iphone.

no winterboard required for toneFX,love it

Attached Files:

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Does using ToneFX automatically block and replace the sounds created by themes?

9. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

you can use default sounds or custom made with tonefxcreator.....

im guessing a theme sounds would override tonefx but who knows for sure.

i have seen some theme sounds show up in the tonefx settings,so you could choose them there if this was the case.

i think it is best sound and ringtone app around.

10. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

11. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Does ToneFX have an option for "none"? There's plenty I wouldn't mind changing, but some stuff I just want to shut off completely (docking sound, for one).

12. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

i know you can choose default sounds,but to choose no sound i do not see that option.

the thing you could do is make a simple sound,very short in length to insert into places you want a very minimal sound effect.

I know i have several songs i make 25 seconds long for ringtones,and if i choose them for email,IM,calendar alert ect....they tend to be too long for sure.

so i made up many quick 1 and 2 second sounds from songs,like drums,guitar licks or something.

I have the chainsaw from the start of jackyls lumberjack song set for my charging sound...lol...when i plug it in i hear a chainsaw being started and revved for a split second...so you can do alot

13. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

This is the kind of **** that makes jailbreaking sound cheesy and useless. Anyway, tonefx would be cool if it wasn't $5. I'd rather just SSH into the directory and replace the file. Who needs a different ring tone every time the phone rings?

14. navigates macrumors 6502a

Is there any place to get professional sounds for the phone? like some basic tonal sounds?

This is very interesting. I typically don't like the calendar invite sound of the phone. Will change it to the outlook's meeting invite. Unlock sound could use a change as well.