Unlock using cydia!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lynnerss.nguyen, Jun 16, 2011.

1. lynnerss.nguyen macrumors newbie

I have the iPhone and it's jailbroken but I need it unlocked for my carrier!!
    Is there any way to do that like from redsn0w or ultrasn0w??

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

gen of iphone? what firmware? what baseband? or use the link at my signature and you can check there.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

depends when you go on your phone to settings/general/about

what does it say for version and baseband

4. lynnerss.nguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Version: 4.2.1
    Baseband: 05.15.04

5. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

You'll have to use redsn0w and update the baseband to 6.15.00 (the iPad baseband). Then proceed to download ultrasn0w and you'll be unlocked.

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

This is an unreversable baseband. research it before continueing.
    It also depends what type of iPhone you have.

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Use this option with SEVERE caution and with extreme prejudice. It makes it so you can never restore to a stock firmware (unless they someday raise the baseband number higher than 6.15.00), and people report things like GPS quit working. It also makes it very obvious that you have voided your warranty.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Ultrasn0w does not work for the baseband you currently has on your Iphone. So, here is what you need to do;

1. once you jailbreak your phone, install "fuzzyband" from cydia, run it and see what bootloader your phone has. If your phone has bootloader 05.08, then fuzzyband can help you to downgrade your baseband to lower one. Once that is done, you then install ultrasn0w to unlock your phone.

2. If your phone has bootloader higher than 05.08, then the only option to unlock your phone is to install Ipad baseband. However, there are consequences if you decide to go this route. Do more research on it before you put ipad baseband on your phone.

9. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

You do lose GPS but this is the only downfall to it despite what other blogs say. I do 20-30 phones a week with no problems at all. Not to mention, the 3G is over 3 years old now so very very few would have warranty.

I agree, proceed with precaution. However, it's not nearly as big of a deal as many blogs and sites make it out to be. It works and it's reliable.

10. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Be wary with those saying that you should upgrade to iPad baseband. It fries your GPS for good.

Alternatively, you could explore other options such as a Gevey Turbo SIM.

11. vdm10 macrumors newbie

I've tried googling this for about 2 hours now and wasn't sure what the most up to date info is.

Can I unlock my iPhone 4 (4.3.3) baseband 04.10.01 ?

12. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

No, you can't. The only known way to do so is through the use of Gevey Turbo SIM. And while that's not even a proper unlock, that's as close as you can get with the 04.10.01 baseband.

I to am anxious for the dev team to come up with an unlock for it.

13. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Gevey doesn't work with 3G/3GS.