Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Okay so I'm trying to unlock an iPhone 3G that was on Rogers so I can use it with Koodo, and after jail breaking using redsn0w, installing cydia, and installing ultrasn0w to unlock it, when I put my koodo sim card in it shows no signal bars and i can't use and cell network functions.

My iPhone is running iOS 4.2.1 with the 06.15.00 baseband. I've installed ultrasn0w version 1.2.7 and restarted my phone several times.

I've tried toggling airplane mode and erasing network settings and no luck.

The only thing I've noticed that under the packages manager in cydia ultrasn0w is highlighted in a reddish pink color.

Also I installed ultrasn0w by downloading it to my macbook and placing it in the proper folders using a iPhone disk viewing tool since I cant get my iPhone onto the wireless network.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Okay so I'm trying to unlock an iPhone 3G that was on Rogers so I can use it with Koodo, and after jail breaking using redsn0w, installing cydia, and installing ultrasn0w to unlock it, when I put my koodo sim card in it shows no signal bars and i can't use and cell network functions.

My iPhone is running iOS 4.2.1 with the 06.15.00 baseband. I've installed ultrasn0w version 1.2.7 and restarted my phone several times.

I've tried toggling airplane mode and erasing network settings and no luck.

The only thing I've noticed that under the packages manager in cydia ultrasn0w is highlighted in a reddish pink color.

Also I installed ultrasn0w by downloading it to my macbook and placing it in the proper folders using a iPhone disk viewing tool since I cant get my iPhone onto the wireless network.
Double check you installed the latest version of Ultrasn0w.

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
I checked the latest version is 1.2.7
Also I did restart it twice.

I think the problem is that newest version actually, because on the page for 1.2.7 it says for unlocking an iphone 3GS and iPhone 4 on iOS 5. I don't think it is meant for a 3G on iOS 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.