Unlock Verizon iPhone 4S to use on AT&T

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zheka007, Jun 27, 2012.

1. zheka007 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Is it possible to use verizon iPhone 4s on AT&T's network with Gevey sim unlock? I tried, but can't seem to find how to active it. Any help appreciated.

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

AT&T and Verizon use two different cell phone technologies (GSM vs. CDMA). They are entirely incompatible with each other.

In other words no, it is not possible to use a Verizon phone on AT&T.

3. Demonface macrumors 6502a

Well i dont know where you got your info but your wrong. You can use the Gevey Ultra S Sim for Sprint/Verizon iPhone 4s and if you use that you would be able to unlock it and use it on whichever GSM carrier that you may desire.

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Ah, you're right. I stand corrected. I guess I need to brush up! :)

5. zheka007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i kind of got it working. Inserted gevey sim, chose Verizon and rebooted while inserting my AT&T sim. After a while at&t bars appeared, but it sees the carrier as Vodafone. And I can't get any data to work. Tried editing apn settings, no luck (wrong settings maybe?) Does this mean that I'm on roaming right now?

Any help please?

6. dissizitt macrumors member

7. zheka007 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Alexmassacre macrumors newbie

Okay listen you have to delete the current apn profile and create a new one with the unlock it app. Trust me i did that and mine works like a charm even the 4G works :) and a lot of people said it wouldnt work hah fools

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

welcome to 9 months ago newbie!

10. thalball macrumors newbie

Assistant

The above posts were jibberish to me, as I cannot do any of that stuff myself. But what I did understand is that it is possible to get a verizon iphone working on at&t.

Can somebody do this for me, and I would provide a service fee for the help!!!

-In dire need::eek: