Unlock w/ ATT SIM: unlock verification line still appear?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chupa Chupa, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My ATT iPhone 4 received unlock OK yesterday so I hooked it up to iTunes w/ ATT SIM installed and did the restore. Unlike when I unlocked my ATT 3GS w/ Vodaphone SIM installed, neither iTunes nor the iPhone reported my phone was unlocked.

So just wondering if the "your iPhone is unlocked" verification line only appears when a SIM not belonging to the original carrier is installed. Or should the "unlock" notice appear with the ATT SIM too?

I'd test it w/ another microSIM but I don't have another and don't want to cut my Vodaphone.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The thing is some phones never display that congradulations your phone is unlocked message.
    Others do with any sim you put in.
    It doesnt mean much if you dont get that screen.

3. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

Well, as long as your iPhone has been unlocked, the congratulations message is no longer necessary.

4. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

To see the congrats screen, simply DO NOT ACTIVATE VIA WIFI. When you get to the screen on your ios 5.1 device, do not enter in the wifi access point and instead select the choose iTunes to activate button. When you do this, you will see the congratulations screen in itunes. I have restored 4 times today with a sim unlocked iPhone 4S and no times did the congrats show up in itunes regardless if I stick in my original AT&T sim or Tmobile sim. It was when I selected to not enter in wifi access point to activate did it show me this screen!