Unlock with baseband 05.15.04?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by deraj090, Apr 12, 2011.

1. deraj090 macrumors regular

Is it still not possible to unlock with baseband 05.15.04? Or is it still not possible to downgrade the baseband with Bootload 5.09? I wouldn't be looking to upgrade my baseband to the iPad one...

Thanks!
    Jared

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, sorry Jared.
    Only option at the moment would be to install the ipad BB or wait a little longer.
    They said they are working on a bb downgrade method for the 3G and 3GS.

3. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the quick reply. I hear terrible things about upgrading to iPad BB. I'm really only looking to do this so I can unlock and sell the phone... Will upgrading to the iPad BB affect my phone enough where it would be considered unusable?

Thanks!
    J

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're selling it mind as well.
    Put in the ad info that its unlocked using the ipad bb so the seller knows what they're buying before they do.
    What happens is when you install the 06.15.00 baseband you lose GPS functionality. Everything else works but your GPS wont work with any app that would need to acess your location.
    Also the phone would not be able to be restored to official firmware any more thru itunes. You can only restore it after that with custom JB ipsw's so if the buyer doesnt know how to do that and tries to restore it they might be stuck on recovery mode and not beeing able to restore it to working condition.

5. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks. And this seems like a circular question, but once I update to the iPad BB, there's no way to then downgrade to a different BB -- correct? Or a way to get GPS to work again?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

At the moment there is now way to dowgrade the bb.
    But they did say they're working on a downgrade tool but nooone knows when it will come out or if they have any problems and maybe not release it at all.
    And no when having the ipad BB the GPS will not work again unless the baseband gets downgraded somehow.

7. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, thanks. Looks like I'll be selling it as-is with the most recent iOS and baseband (for AT&T only). How much should I expect to get for this on eBay?

Thanks!
    J

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

For an iphone 3G 8GB?
    Probably not that much but around $100-180 depending on condition etc....

9. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

ouch. would being able to unlock it drastically make a difference in selling price?

I have a 3G 8GB and 3g 16GB that I'm looking to get rid of... Both on basebands and bootloaders that don't allow for unlocking. Ultimately I'm just looking to get as close to $600 as possible, in order to purchase an iPhone 4 without contract upgrade (so I can save my contract for the newest iPhone whenever they release it).

10. mds macrumors 6502

I've been looking a lot at iphone prices lately and bought 2 this week (longish story). 3G phones are definitely going for less than $200...more like $150. 3GS phones are more in the $200-$300 range depending on RAM. I paid $220 for a 16gig and $300 for a 32gig, but the 32gig one had an old baseband on, so I may have overpaid a bit because I wanted to unlock it.

11. jesuispizza macrumors regular

I am in the exact same boat. I upgraded the baseband because I looked on eBay and they didn't seem to be selling for any less than any other phones with different baseband. Actually, I saw one go for $225 USD with the 6.15 baseband on it not long ago.

12. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the input guys... I was bored at work, so decided to list mine for $279. For $0.50, I'm willing to play around and see if some dummy doesn't know how to do their research. If it doesn't sell, I'll drop it to $200. Ultimately, I'm just looking to move these things, so i can get myself either a 3GS or 4.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

14. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

15. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Make sure the transaction goes through EBay. Don't answer or send your paypal information to people asking you to ship your phone to somolia, Nigeria as a gift to his/her nephew. :D