Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamwi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
I've got an 8 gig first generation iPhone that I unlocked for t-mobile usage pwnage tool. I wanted get a data plan for it but I've been running into trouble and I've gotta few questions.

I don't want t-mobiles $19.99 total internet package. So I installed the t-zones hack and went to t-mobile to add it. They said that t-zones only allows access to t-mobile internet and that I should get their 5.99 t-mobile web package. So I did. And I've restarted my phone countless times over the past 2 days and reinstalled the hack with no luck at all.

My question is should I remove the t-mobile web package and and t-zones and will I have full access to the web?

How long does it take for them to activate t-zones?

Do I have to do anything special on the phone after the hack is installed?

And will I have web access to all my applications bought in the itunes application store?

I know its a lot but I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Linuss

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
Uninstall the hack, then reinstall, and reboot the iPhone.

Next, make sure the APN is wap.voicestream.com

If that fails, take out your SIM and put back in.

And as a last ditch effort, call T-Mo. and they can reset a few things.

Depending on the CSR they might pressure you into the total internet, but when I called them, they saw I had an iPhone and out of the 3 people who spoke to me, not one of them asked/told me to switch to total internet.

theevilone

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
Call up and tell them you want the tzones and then download hack. I have total internet and it all works fine.

I went to the tmobile store told then I wanted a sim on flex pay and internet tested it at the store internet did not work downloaded tzone hack boom there it was full internet.

Do not mess with the settings the hack puts everything in there. You mess with the settings then we will see a post by you saying " Help I Bricked My Phone"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.