Unlocked 2G iPhone and Carrier Update 3.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RangerLG, Feb 20, 2009.

1. RangerLG macrumors newbie

I have an Unlocked/Jailbroken 2G iPhone that currently has Carrier version 2.9. I am a T-Mobile customer and I am using firmware 2.2.1 and the latest iTunes. I know there was an carrier update released this month, but iTunes is not notifying me for installation. I need to update because it is supposed to resolve an issue with connecting to Garmin GPS systems via bluetooth. Is there a way to download and manually install the update? Thanks in advance for any help. It is greatly appreciated.

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

If you're unlocked I believe there is no point. The carrier update is only for 3G phones using AT&T. So if you're not on AT&T, and you're not on a 3G, there's no benefit. :)

3. RangerLG thread starter macrumors newbie

According to Garmin, it does address something that is causing the iPhone to shut down the Garmin when they are paired via Bluetooth. People have reported successfully pairing their Garmin's with their iPhones after the carrier update completes. This is also what Garmin instructed me to do.

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Aye, but for 3G or 2G? As far as I'm aware there was no carrier update for the 2G, but I might be mistaken.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I have a 1st gen on AT&T and there was a carrier update for my phone.

6. RangerLG thread starter macrumors newbie