Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hello,
I unlocked my wifes old 2G so we can give it to her father that is going to be using the phone on Verizon. The unlocking worked just fine, and it's running 3.0 I am just tryiing to test the phone on our wifi network in house. It sees the router, and I have put in the password so it should be working.

When I go to safari I get Cannot Open Page Safe cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet. Can someone tell me what to do please.

Thanks

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Check in settings to see if the phone thinks it has a wi-fi connection and if it has an IP address first of all, and check your router to see if it has the phone in its list of connected clients. The router may also have a log telling you if it refused the connection or not.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
I'm not sure if that's it because we have used this phone on our wifi before. Also My iphone is working on the router. I did try to release and renew in the phone settings and didn't notice it completely populating

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.