Unlocked 3G But Error Message

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DJohm, Dec 14, 2010.

1. DJohm macrumors member

In the past, I was able to jb and unlocked a 3g with firmware 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01 without any problems. That was back in August. Now, I acquired a used iPhone 3G with the same FW and BB to give my daughter for christmas. I was able to JB using Pwnage tutorial from iClarified and unlocked it using Ultrasnow, but when I insert my T-Mobile sim card - it gives me an error msg saying that I have a different sim card on it. I double checked to make sure Ultrasnow was installed, and it is. So I'm at lost here fellas and any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, only thing different I did was I "erase and reset" the phone prior to JB'ng it (request of previous owner).

Thanks in advance for any input...

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Have you made sure that you have the correct baseband? You've turned off 3G?

3. DJohm thread starter macrumors member

yup I did. FW 3.1.3 and baseband 05.12.01. Should I restore and re-jailbreak?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yeah, see if that works.

5. DJohm thread starter macrumors member

Calls coming thru

I have my T-mobile simcard on the newly JB 3G when someone tried to call me and I was able to answer the call. I realized that the unlock did work. I just cant make any changes coz its on emergency mode only. "Different SIM detected" "Please connect to iTunes". Texts comes thru also. What could be the culprit for me not being able to access my phone?

6. Junkboxy macrumors member

A question: When you load your custom IPSW onto the iPhone, do you doing it while in Restore or in while in DFU?

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

sometimes after you unlock you need to remove the sim and then put it back in. also do a full reboot. the connect to iTunes usually means you need to activate the phone. just find someone with an AT&T card (it doesnt have to be active) and then insert it and connect to iTunes.

8. DJohm thread starter macrumors member

Update

Thanks for the replies folks. After almost a full day yesterday of trying to restore then re-jailbreak then re-unlock, I quit trying by 7pm. After a movie night with the family, I decided to give it another shot. This time while I was building my custom restore FW with Pwnage tool, under "General" I clicked on "activate the phone" box. Before that, I would leave it uncheck as it says that if you have the official carrier to leave it blank. I was thinking that since I have an official AT&T 3G sim card on it that it's considered as an official AT&T phone. Turns out it wasn't activating my iPhone and after I was done JB'n and Unlock it will show "Trying to Activate." Well, after I checked that "activate the phone" box on Pwnage, it finally worked. Thanks again to all the replies and to iClarified for the tutorial. I should be getting another used 16GB 3G this weekend and will JB/unlock it as well. This time it should be much simpler coz of all the practice I had, LOL.

I'm back in school to finish my Bachelors, so hopefully by next year I can officially own a brand new iPhone...maybe an iPhone 5?

9. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Good job man!
    You have a much more intuitive and self helping attitude than most that come here.

In order to have the phone be usable you must hacktivate via the custom ispw program (or activate normally) while unlocking for future reference!