Unlocked 4S in Japan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pogopuschel, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Pogopuschel macrumors member

Hello,

Do you guys know if there are any plans of selling the unlocked 4S in Japan? Apparently it's coming to the US in November, will the same be true for Japan? I haven't been able to find any news about it. Or do I have no other choice but to import one? :(

Thanks!

2. dommo92 macrumors member

I'm trying to figure that out too.

Where in Japan are you? I'm about half an hour away from the Osaka, Shinsaibashi, Apple Store.

Have you tried buying an 'Off-Contract' phone at an Apple Store in Japan?!

----------

Sorry to bump again,

I haven't had the chance to visit the Apple Store because I simply do not have time in my day to visit the Apple Store during its operation hours.

Why don't you try out the 'off contract' method and buy an 'off contract' SoftBank iPhone without providing any SoftBank details and see if it unlocks itself.

If it doesn't, you can always return it, you won't need to worry about any restocking fees since I'm quite sure Apple dropped that since like last year.

3. Pogopuschel thread starter macrumors member

I'm in Tokyo so I'm pretty close to a couple Apple Stores. I've asked the carriers (Softbank, AU) and they said that no unlocked version will be available, but how would they know anyway?