iPhone Unlocked 4S + Softbank Prepaid MMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pogopuschel, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Pogopuschel macrumors member

Hello,

I just bought an unlocked iPhone 4S and I am trying to get my Softbank Prepaid card working with it. I followed to following guide: http://csi.nfshost.com/2010/03/how-to-use-softbank-prepaid-on-your-us-iphone/ and http://jeisu.wordpress.com/2010/10/...-iphone-4-work-with-softbank-prepay-in-japan/

Calls are working fine, but I can't figure out how to set up MMS correctly. I followed the instructions I found online and went to http://www.unlockit.co.nz/ (I also tried apnchanger.org) and chose Softbank Prepaid from the list and installed the profile. I also put my softbank email address into Settings -> Messages -> MMS.

However, receiving or sending messages still does not work. Also, if I go to General -> Network I can't access the APN settings, does that matter? Is there any other way or do I need to wait for a jailbreak?

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

2. japangonga macrumors newbie

Sorry for this late post / bump

however, did you find an answer yet? I just brought my unlocked 4s back from Canada and am using a prepaid softbank sim card. I cannot get MMS to work though and am trying to figure out how.

Wondering if you found the answer out yet

Thanks

3. daveceaser macrumors newbie

Got mine to work after some finangling.

I eventually got mine to work. It seems that unlockit has changed their format, because you no longer put in the APN settings yourself. Instead, you choose it from a list they provide, and the settings they give you seem to be incorrect. I used a different website (m.apnchanger.org), and it let me put it in manually, which I did using the info from the guides that you have already posted. Then I installed SwirlyMMS, went through their set up, and now everything is golden. Hopefully that will work for you too.

4. dcman25 macrumors newbie

You got it to work with the iPhone 4S?

I used to get MMS via swirly working on my old 3GS with ios 4, but recently put my Softbank sim into my iPhone 4S running jailbroken 5.0.1

m.apnchanger.org doesn't seem to have all the boxes available for all the MMS APN data.

Then the disclaimer on Cydia is that swirly MMS does NOT work on the iPhone 4S.

Regardless, I'm having great trouble getting MMS to work either via the built in program, or via swirly.

Can someone walk me through a step wise guide? I've followed the above mentioned guides with no success.

5. dcman25 macrumors newbie

Ok I finally got it to send MMS. But I can't receive.
    Any particular reason this might be?

6. akebonolove macrumors newbie

Softbank block!!

How did you guys get it to work? I have put in correct APN settings on factory unlocked Iphone 4s but cant send any messages (S!mail), please any help is appreciated on how to do this..., btw wifi is OFF naturally