Unlocked 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsusser, Sep 21, 2014.

1. gsusser macrumors regular

As discussed elsewhere, T-Mobile offers a "contract free" iPhone 6/6+ that is basically an unlocked phone. I say "basically," because that is not what they say officially, but others have reported it comes unlocked or is easily unlocked.

I was surprised to find that AT&T offers virtually the same deal. I'm surprised because it is not listed on the Apple site but it is listed on the AT&T site. As per the phone rep, it does come locked but should not be an issue getting it unlocked.

I have no desire to deal with T-Mobile and AT&T is my carrier of choice. I've seen no discussion about the AT&T "contract free" phone. Before jumping in and ordering it, does anyone have any thoughts?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You don't have to 'deal with' TMobile. You buy from Apple.
    Its unlocked out of box...

3. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Unlocked 6

Buy the Verizon version (from an Apple Store), it's unlocked for all GSM. And it has higher resale value.

4. gsusser thread starter macrumors regular

The Verizon (or AT&T) aren't on the apple site. I have to go to an apple store?

5. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

this is false, they are all the same model no

6. gsusser thread starter macrumors regular

The iPhone 6 configuration that I'm looking for, 128gb, is $650 on Verizon and $200 more with AT&T and T-Mobile. This doesn't make sense.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

this is false the ATT and TMO don't have CDMA radios in them. The VZW has CDMA for verizon plus all of the GSM radios making it more versatile and the VZW iPhone comes unlocked from factory because VZW cannot carrier lock it according to FCC regs from the LTE spectrum they bought.

8. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1784285