Unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 on T-Mobile LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lolkthxbai, Aug 25, 2013.

1. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I tried doing a google search for this but all I got was instructions on loading an unofficial carrier bundle onto a jailbroken iPhone 5.

I bought an iPhone 5 from AT&T. It's officially unlocked, no weird tricks or hacks. After a year of using AT&T I decided to switch to T-Mobile. While I was at the store I noticed that the iPhone 5 had LTE on T-mobile's network. Later that day I switched LTE off to conserve battery. When I got home I switched it back on and noticed that it wouldn't appear. I tried shutting down the phone and restarting it again but it still wouldn't get back on LTE. I checked the service area for T-Mobile in my area and I do have LTE coverage. Has this happened to anyone? Is there something I'm missing?

2. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Try going to an area that has at least 2-3 bars of LTE, different from your home. The iPhone might not want to enable LTE with certain towers, and needs decent coverage, so that's probably why you didn't get LTE at your house. Good luck ;)

3. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I have 3-4 bars at my home. And that's only because there's a thunder cloud (no rain or lighting as of yet) over my area right now.

4. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Nope. Nothing.

Attached Files:

5. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

In that case, can you answer these questions for me?
    1) When did you purchase your iPhone
    2) I see that you are on iOS 7. Did you use the hacked version or the official version? (I am using the hacked version, it has some problems with LTE)
    3) Who did you buy it from, and how was it unlocked? (From the store, eBay, etc)
    If I can get an answer to all of these, then I can determine a solution. And try another sim too.