Unlocked ATT Iphone says "No Service"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dtmccray, May 9, 2015.

1. dtmccray macrumors newbie

I just unlocked an ATT iphone 5c so that I can use my verizon sim card on it but, when I stuck in the sim card it showed "Verizon" in the top corner for a little while then said "No Service". After turning on an off Celluar Data I eventually saw it say "Verizon LTE" in the corner but none of the signal circles were full, sometimes there would be one full one. I am able to text and receive messages and have internet access, however I cant make or receive calls. I have been without my phone going on 3 months and now that I finally got a phone and was able to unlock it, then run into this problem...it was very frustrating:mad:. Can anyone help me with this?

I have attached a picture of what I have been experiencing.

Attached Files:

2. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I am not an expert on this, but I would be surprised if the voice and SMS text portion of the phone worked for you. I doubt the IMEI number on an AT&T phone is white listed on Verizon's network.

While Verizon and Sprint may be obligated to unlock their phones for use on other carrier's networks, there is no requirement for them allow any phone on their CDMA network.

3. illusionx macrumors 6502

I'm thinking it's just where you are that WCDMA reception is poor.

Have you tried stepping outside or go somewhere you know reception is perfect such as a Verizon store?

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

Sorry. Even though a Verizon iPhone 5c and att iPhone 5c are the exact same phone hardware wise.

An "unlocked att iPhone 5c" will have a very difficult time using on Verizon network. It's because Verizon only recognizes imei numbers of "white lost" "official Verizon iPhone 5c".

I know that's not the answer you want to hear. But Verizon and their stupid corpor policies.

An "unlocked verizon iPhone 5c" will work on att network no issues. That's because att isn't as nasty as Verizon.

Other thing is even though Verizon lte band 13 is supposed to be "open" and "not restricted". You gotta remember not all Verizon network is on lte. They still have cdma especially for voice so can restrict non official Verizon devices on their network.

Now starting with iPhone 6/6 plus. Verizon DOES NOT restrict unlocked ATT iPhone 6/6 plus. But you need an already activated Verizon SIM card to use that unlocked att iPhone 6/6 plus. I have att iPhone 6 plus unlocked that works 100% on Verizon network (I have both carriers).

Now if you want to take unlocked att iPhone 6 to Verizon and ask for a new unactivated sim to activate. Than you will have issues.

So u should have gotten iPhone 6-6 plus unlocked.

5. dtmccray thread starter macrumors newbie

The text portion and iMessage work through the LTE.