Unlocked for T-mobile continued...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derekuda, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Derekuda macrumors 6502

Derekuda

As posted a few days ago, I finally got my unlocked iphone in the mail and am loving it.
    I do have a few questions though.
    1. Is there any way to remove youtube? I hate that website, and so having it take up memory and screen realestate on my phone is annoying.
    2. If i click "restore" (not update), on itunes to reset the phone and remove third party apps, will it relock my phone? :(
    3. If I do happen to accidently relock my phone, which unlocking program do most recomend?
    4. (this is for the future) WHEN AN UPDATe comes out, how do I go about upgrading? Ive read somthing about relocking...upgrading...and reunlocking? (it may be too early to get an answer on this question?)

THanks a bunch!
    Derek =]

2. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

1)No. Just hold down the icon until they all start to wiggle then move the unwanted icons to a 2nd page so you don't have to look at them.

2) It will knock your phone into an unactivated state. It will still be unlocked, but you will hav eto use a program to reactivate it again. So don't restore unless you know what you're doing.

3) Pwnage. In fact you should restore it and go through the process anyway with Pwnage.

4)Instructions will come. But so far Pwnage is the only program that allows usage of the 2.0 beta software, so you might as well bone up.