Unlocked iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myrsky, Jul 20, 2008.

1. myrsky macrumors newbie

I clicked here in macrumors on a add by www.welectronicsltd.com that is promising SIM unlocked iPhone 3Gs. The prices seemed ok for me, but since I haven't seen any reference to the company or the fact that unlocked 3Gs are available I'm a bit hesitant to place an order.

Experiences anyone?

2. illutionz macrumors 65816

Never buy your unlock please... PwnageTools 2.0 was released today and it unlocked iPhone 2G 2.0 and I bet they're going to unlock the 3G very soon

3. myrsky thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that's likely, but my problem lies also in obtaining even a SIM-locked iPhone without committing myself to a outrageously expensive 24-month mobileservicecontract.

4. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

ebay have unlocked iPhones from Australia, i should know, i sell them

5. illutionz macrumors 65816

Just buy, sign up, and cancel after the last day of the billing cycle...

Cost:
    $199 + tax for the phone
    $36 activation fees
    $70 first month
    $175 ETF

Total Cost = $480

Free Unlock

Also, I understand you do not want to be committed for 24 months but think about it... whether you use the iPhone or not, you WILL STILL need a plan to for your cell phone anyway

But that's just me... You can also check out eBay for unlocked iphones once they are available... but as for now, it's not yet available (the unlock for 3G it is)

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

Mi goreng is the best :p
    Are you Indonesian/Malaysian/Singaporean in any way? ;)

Sorry out of topic lol

7. myrsky thread starter macrumors newbie

This would work just fine, should I be a resident of US. But since I'm not, this is no option for me. I'm from Finland and I would have to commit my self to Sonera (TeliaSonera), which is the operataor that has the monopoly for iPhones here. That again would lead to my monthly phone bill to be three times more than it is now in addition to which I'd have to pay 135 for the phone.

8. myrsky thread starter macrumors newbie

This would work just fine, should I be a resident of US. But since I'm not, this is no option for me. I'm from Finland and I would have to commit my self to Sonera (TeliaSonera), which is the operataor that has the monopoly for iPhones here. That again would lead to my monthly phone bill to be three times more than it is now in addition to which I'd have to pay 135 for the phone.

9. illutionz macrumors 65816

ah i truly apologize about that as I do not realized you're from Finland. If that's the case, you can most likely got it from ebay or other reseller...

10. oursfan macrumors member

Why buy from a company like that when you can do a quick search on ebay and get one unlocked for less? A quick search for me found plenty for sale. 1st gen and 3g

See below:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160267154247