Unlocked iPhone 3gs, 4.1 with 05.15, can't find network

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ayasinsk, Apr 10, 2011.

1. ayasinsk macrumors regular

My iPhone 3gs is unlocked running 4.1 with 05.15 ipad firmware downgrade. The phone has been working just fine and then all of a sudden it can't find the network(t-mobile). I tried my old 3g iPhone and the sim works just fine. Seems like my iPhone 3gs is locked again. What should I do?

2. mds macrumors 6502

I can't help, but I'm curious, how did you unlock with the 5.15 baseband?

3. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

4. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

5. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Not that it will help you but I have the same issue with a friends 3gs

6. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

I think I fixed it, for right now anyways. I uninstalled ultrasnow, restarted my iPhone. Then reinstalled ultrasnow and it seems to be working.

7. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

So I'm back to the same problem. Seems like my unlock doesn't last longer then one day. Sooner or later all my signal bars go away, then I get a message saying that Network is No longer Available, and I get No Service where T-Mobile icon used to be. I remove my sim card, uninstall ultrasnow, hard reboot (home and power button). Then install ultrasnow again, hard reboot again. Then insert my sim and the phone works for no longer then a day, until I get the same problem.

I got iphone 3gs with 4.1 OS and 06.15 downgraded ipad firmware. What should I do? I'm trying to have my phone unlocked on T-Mobile. Should I try reinstalling custom 4.1 ipsw again or try going for 4.3.1? Seems like 4.2.1 option is no longer available through tinyumbrella.

8. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone???? Any help would be great appriciated.

9. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

10. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

Don't really care about gps, have much bigger problems right now with my unlock disparaging.

11. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue with an iPhone 4 on ATT. Gonna give up on this jailbreak in about 5 minutes.

12. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

This is my last try. I have reinstalled ultrasnow about 4 hours ago. If I'm going to loose my unlock again I'm going to snap and install 4.3.1 with my 06.15 firmware and install ultrasnow and see what happens, I'm seriously getting tired of this.

13. sammyman macrumors 6502a

14. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Did disable the 3G?

15. ayasinsk thread starter macrumors regular

I have updated from 4.1 to 4.3.1 and so far everything seems to be going fine (knock on wood.)

Here is what I did: uninstalled ultrasnow and did a hard reboot (home +power button). I used custom firmware for 4.3.1 which I have downloaded earlier (activated + jailbroken.) Had my SSH saved and ran tinyumbrella server in the background. Entered pwnd DFU mode via redsnow. Then opened up itunes and pointed it to my cusom 4.3.1 ipsw. It took at least 5 min for the OS to install which was a little nerve racking (I was almost certain something was going to go wrong) and then simply went into cydia and installed ultrasnow again and rebooted my device and everything seems to be going fine so far. Little note before uninstalling ultrasnow in 4.1 and reinstalling it again in 4.3.1 I had my sim card out the whole time.

I will report back if my iphone will start screwing up again.