Unlocked iPhone 4.3.5 trouble. Help with a proper fix.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MFJESUS, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MFJESUS macrumors newbie

Hello, I have just switched from blackberry to the iPhone 4 unlocked for T-Mobile. I have a gevey sim that unlocks it. I have sort of a problem though. I downloaded cydia and jail broke the phone with redsn0w. I am currently on 4.3.5. Seeing as I never saved any blobs from any previos firmware or for 4.3.5. I couldnt open Cydia or my safari on 4.3.5. or downgrade firmwares so cydia coud work because of no saved blobs. Cydia doesnt work on 4.3.5 as well, I learned. I shut down my device and it wouldnt turn on. My device now does not turn on unless I plug it in the computer for a "tethered" unlock with redsn0w. I want to know two things.

1) Is there anyway to fix the tethered unlock tmobile iphone on 4.3.5 so it I wont have to tether.

2) If I am not able to fix the iPhone to turn on without the unlock, is it possible for me to update ti I 0S 5 and just have that tethered as well? Also I heard there is a way you can pay a fee for an unlock on I 0S 5 with T-Mobile to work properly. Is this true & if so where can I do this the right way?

The iPhone is a beautiful device. I just want it to work properly and function fully.

If anyone could help me with these issues it would be great.

Thanks,

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The jb for 4.3.5 only comes in tethered. You can not pay for an unlock. The jb for ios 5 is also tethered. You might as well stay on 4.3.5, unless you really want to try ios 5. If you do upgrade, you'll have to take steps to preserve the bb.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

One thing to note about iOS 5 and Gevey; if you don't take care to preserve your baseband while upgrading, the Gevey will cease to work. And if you're using the Gevey version that uses the "FuriousMod" tweak along with JB to redo the 112 process in the background, people have reported here that tweak no longer works under iOS 5 even with the baseband preserved. So make certain you read up THOROUGHLY before upgrading, lest you lose your unlock, possibly permanently.

Also note: the iPhone you have will never "function fully" on TMobile, because on that network, it's only capable of Edge speeds for data. Additionally, many people have problems with MMS & visual voicemail on that network.