Unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mobile, Occasional No Service

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ann P, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Ann P macrumors 68020

Hello, I have a successfully unlocked iPhone 4 for T-Mobile. One frustrating problem that I've experienced is that the carrier/service will go missing upon a reboot. The upper left corner will display 'No Service' or one bar. This is not a big problem since I only turn on/off my phone every now and then, but still a bit annoying. The only fix is to continuously restart until the 'T-Mobile' logo is present and service is regained. Does anyone have a permanent fix?

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

What usually works for me when that happens is I remove the sim and put it back in then reboot it. But I haven't found what you are looking for exactly.

3. Cellfonepimp macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, what I do is reinstall ultrasn0w and respring and it usually works. Its frustrating but what are you going to do?

4. britishchris macrumors newbie

I am having a similar problem with an unlocked iphone 4 (latest ultrasn0w) with T-Mobile (UK) whilst I’m home for the holidays, what I found worked the best is putting the official Softbank SIM card in, switching it off and on again, then changing the SIM cards and resetting it again and it comes up, it’s a pain in the arse but seems to work (twice at least)