Unlocked iPhone 4 unavailable in UK stores

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PeterSharp, Apr 6, 2011.

1. PeterSharp macrumors member

That's weird. I wanted to reserve an iPhone 4 for in-store pick-up. In all stores it's unavailable. What is more, even the old 3gs is unavailable. Whats going on?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

High demand maybe?
    Will they let you preorder/prepay for one and wait till a new shipment arrives?

3. PeterSharp thread starter macrumors member

I dont think its high demand. I can easily buy one online and get it shipped to me. ("Dispatched: Within 24hrs - In Stock") I wanted to pick it up at store because I live 5 minutes from one. In reservation system every iphone has a red "Black Unavailable".

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

If memory serves, they stopped in store reservations aftervthe first couple of months.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

If you live nearby a store just walk into the store and buy one. They don't do reservations except around launch time.

6. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    which store are u trying at

the regent st store is superb.. but manic.. they told me they have shipments every morning pretty much, and to come in early to collect an IP4 (don't think u can reserve these)

ps make sure u bring ID, as they may need to validate u're from uk - well thats what they did to my old flat mate - since they want to limit the number of these units then being re-sold in the middle east/asia