Unlocked iPhone 6 cheaper than At&t next?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cris0631, Dec 10, 2014.

1. cris0631 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am on a 10GB Share Plan. I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus 64GB for $35/month. From what I know I would save about $200 if I do At&t Next 18.

Would it be cheaper if I bought the iPhone 6 Plus unlocked or at full price? Would I save more on the access charge or is it the same? Is cheaper in the long run to buy the iPhone outright?

2. 617aircav Suspended

Can't you just do the math based on your plan?

3. cris0631 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to know if I save more money if just buy the phone outright. I think that the at&t next 18 (24 months) and unlocked are exactly the same unless I am missing something.

4. Wiggle macrumors member

You don't. You pay the same price regardless.

5. cris0631 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you. So my thinking was right. Unless ofcourse you take the unlocked phone to another nerwork like Ting.

6. drubie macrumors member

I am told that if you add a phone that you own it will cost $40 for service $25 if on next, so that would be your savings. Have to factor that in. At least that is what I am being charged.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This is incorrect. The only way your price goes UP for service if you go the two year contract route. Your service costs are exactly the same if you choose next or bring your own device.