Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
i'm looking at buying an unlocked Tmobile iPhone 6+ from Apple Store. the person requested it has to be model A1522, does anyone know if that's the model they sell in Apple Store as the TMobile unlocked unit?

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
does anyone know where i can buy a brand new Verizon iPhone 6 Plus contract free besides Craigslist, Amazon and Ebay? does any Verizon store sell the phone by itself?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I don't think they sell Verizon version contract free. They only sell the T-Mobile version.

Yes they do. I bought one earlier this week. The Apple employee happily took my money and I popped my AT&T SIM in while I was still at the store.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Yes they do. I bought one earlier this week. The Apple employee happily took my money and I popped my AT&T SIM in while I was still at the store.

Really? So you just walked in and tell them you wanted a Verizon phone contract free, and they sold you one with full retail price?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Really? So you just walked in and tell them you wanted a Verizon phone contract free, and they sold you one with full retail price?

Yes. I even told them that I was going to put an AT&T SIM in it, which prompted one of the employees to start telling me that Verizon locks their phones. I made sure that guy was still around when I popped my SIM in and activated the phone without any issue.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
does anyone know where i can buy a brand new Verizon iPhone 6 Plus contract free besides Craigslist, Amazon and Ebay? does any Verizon store sell the phone by itself?

Go to AppleStore and ask for it. Tell them you want to buy it outright and don't want to upgrade your contract.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Go to AppleStore and ask for it. Tell them you want to buy it outright and don't want to upgrade your contract.

i'm getting this iphone 6+ for my relative in China. he uses CDMA package over there and that's why i need a Verizon A1522 model instead of the TMobile unlocked one which would be much easier. so i can just pretend i want to upgrade my phone (Verizon) and order that iphone 6+ and pay full retails, when the new phone comes i can just ship it to china without activating it, so it won't affect my current upgrade eligibility. am i getting all these correct? thanks in advance.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
i'm getting this iphone 6+ for my relative in China. he uses CDMA package over there and that's why i need a Verizon A1522 model instead of the TMobile unlocked one which would be much easier. so i can just pretend i want to upgrade my phone (Verizon) and order that iphone 6+ and pay full retails, when the new phone comes i can just ship it to china without activating it, so it won't affect my current upgrade eligibility. am i getting all these correct? thanks in advance.

Yes just ask the apple sales rep at the apple store that you are looking to buy the Verizon iphone 6 plus full price. They won't even ask you for your account info. I bought Verizon 6 Plus at apple store, guy didn't even ask for my account and all I did was took it home, took out the verizon sim and inserted my AT&T sim and works just fine.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014

When you pay in full price, you do not even need to touch or link your current verizon plan (if you have one).

Simply ask them for the Verizon model and that you just want to pay full price.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
^^^ excellent!!! thanks for the replies. i just curious how come they don't have this option on apple store's website.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

China uses different LTE bands than the carriers in the U.S. I don't think the Verizon model will work on their LTE.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes. I even told them that I was going to put an AT&T SIM in it, which prompted one of the employees to start telling me that Verizon locks their phones. I made sure that guy was still around when I popped my SIM in and activated the phone without any issue.

Lol:D
What did he say after you showed him?
People are so clueless and insist when they don't really know.
It's funny but I don't bother correcting them. Not my place to educate them about the product they sell.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Lol:D
What did he say after you showed him?
People are so clueless and insist when they don't really know.
It's funny but I don't bother correcting them. Not my place to educate them about the product they sell.

He just shook his head and walked off. I'm sure he continued telling people that Verizon phones are locked and that they need to contact the carrier to unlock them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.