Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
I guess the question is, will the full-price Verizon model be available on pre-order or on launch day? Hopefully Apple will announce that it will before 9/12.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I guess the question is, will the full-price Verizon model be available on pre-order or on launch day? Hopefully Apple will announce that it will before 9/12.

I'm wondering the same thing. It appeared on Apple's website that the only full price model you can buy is simply one that's "Contract free" :confused:

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Me too. I want to buy Verizon-unlocked. Doesn't even appear to be an option.

I don't even care about it being unlocked, I just want to buy it without a contract lol.

Okay, their store is back and it looks like the only contract free model is T-Mobile :(

Going to go on their live chat and see if they know anything more...

eshroom

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2006
I don't even care about it being unlocked, I just want to buy it without a contract lol.

Okay, their store is back and it looks like the only contract free model is T-Mobile :(

Going to go on their live chat and see if they know anything more...

Just spoke to live chat, he said the unlocked version will be released in October and the T-Mobile version will be sim-locked.

Sounds dubious to me. The guy also initially said the iPhone 6 wash't available on T-Mobile period, and that the release date for all iPhone 6s was October...

thiswho

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Also very interested in this. I am currently on Verizon, but am looking to move to Straight Talk with the iPhone 6. I assumed I could just order the T-Mobile version, and run it that way on Straight Talk's AT&T based network. Any insight into whether this will work?

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Just spoke to live chat, he said the unlocked version will be released in October and the T-Mobile version will be sim-locked.

Sounds dubious to me. The guy also initially said the iPhone 6 wash't available on T-Mobile period, and that the release date for all iPhone 6s was October...

Weird, the girl I spoke to said the T-Mobile version will be locked but didn't mention anything about October. I guess hopefully Verizon offers it contract free on their website? :confused:

Just makes me nervous because I don't want to be screwing around when the 6 Plus is likely going to sell out in minutes.

Update: I talked to a Verizon rep on their live chat and they said it will be available off contract. Hopefully the employee was actually informed and isn't just guessing :)

Last edited:

Sceptre

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2013
You guys have been saying for years that the bigger galaxy phones were TOO BIG, now u guys are gonna go with the 6+ (how is it gonna fit in ur pocket- lol)

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
Weird, the girl I spoke to said the T-Mobile version will be locked but didn't mention anything about October. I guess hopefully Verizon offers it contract free on their website? :confused:

Just makes me nervous because I don't want to be screwing around when the 6 Plus is likely going to sell out in minutes.

Update: I talked to a Verizon rep on their live chat and they said it will be available off contract. Hopefully the employee was actually informed and isn't just guessing :)

The 5s & 5c . . . Verizon's site only had the 16gb version w/out contract when I looked last week.

I want a 6+ 64gb on Verizon w/out contract. Wonder if it'll even be available.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
I guess I have to wait for the end of November for unlocked version to come out and then it always out of stock! I had to order the last one online in December 5? and it came after Christmas. It took about three weeks after the order to come! But after the new year; it much more plentiful and in February you can even buy it in the store too! So just be patient and it will plenty of unlock iPhone 6s starting in February 2015! I am in no hurry! Just have to decided what size to get! LOL!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.