Carrier Unlocked iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowLeopard2008, Sep 23, 2014.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Is the T-Mobile iPhone 6 unlocked and 100% compatible with AT&T 4G LTE bands? I remember T-Mobile used to use a different network than AT&T even though both are GSM (AWS?). My question is... if I buy the T-Mobile iPhone 6 through Apple for $649, is it unlocked AND 100% compatible with AT&T? It's for my father, the whole family is on AT&T but he travels so he needs it to be unlocked.

2. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Get a Verizon one, it's considered the "World Phone" and is unlocked on all networks plus has the most bands I believe.

3. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I can't order that through Apple.com. All I have is the money for it and my family AT&T account information.

4. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Oh, I remember reading that even paying full price for the T-Mobile phone it won't be unlocked unless you actually buy it from an Apple store but if buying online, it will require a T-Mobile account.

Why do you have to order through Apple.com?

5. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I am able to add the phone to my cart and reach the payment stage to enter my payment information. All without entering any kind of account information. When I did the same process for my AT&T iPhone 6, I had to first enter my account information before being able to add the phone to my cart.

I want to do store pick-up. My father is coming back soon and I want to have it in hand before he arrives. That's why it has to be through Apple.com.

6. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Have you tried calling or going by an Apple store and seeing if they have stock? Or see if the Verizon phoen shows that it's available for store pick up online, there's a good chance they will have stock.

Also check Best Buy, that's where I got mine and they had 50+ in stock on Sunday.

7. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Haven't tried BestBuy. Thanks.

8. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

Make sure they price match, they standard price is $50 more than what Apple charges but they priced matched mine.

9. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

Yes it is. I'm currently using a t-mobile iPhone 6 that I ordered off of Apple.com with an att sim.

10. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

How is this possible? Did you buy it St full price? I just spoke to Apple and t-mobile and both said that it cannot be used with an AT&T sim as the t-mobile phone is locked and non are being sold unlocked.
    I am very confused !

11. SnowLeopard2008, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Is there any way to do this online? As in buy/pay online and do store pick up.

Nevermind: their website says in store only.

12. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

They're only saying that. The actual truth is that the t-mobile phone on apple.com is fully unlocked - only full price phones are available on apple.com.

See attachment. Note the T-mobile model number.

Attached Files: