Unlocked iphone 7 pricing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZepFloyd, Jul 31, 2016.

1. ZepFloyd macrumors member

So I moved away from apple after having an iphone 4...plan on going back into the apple domain with the iphone 7. I was curious how much is an unlocked iphone 7 going to run roughly? Also do they make that available right away? I think I remember awhile back it taking a little longer for apple to make an unlocked phone available to purchase.

thanks!

2. gurase macrumors regular

Typically the base model starts at $649 for 16GB. The unlocked 6S came out 2-3 weeks after launch, which is the earliest that's happened. It used to be 2-3 months after launch.

3. now i see it macrumors 65816

$649 (or less) for the base model SIM free new iPhone 7 is my guess. That's the current price for the base 6S. Can't imagine they'll raise the price.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

On launch day in the UK. That's how I always order mine.

5. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

It really all depends. Carriers have remove themselves from 2-year data plans moving to either full price or monthly no contract. It also depends on the storage. Apple may remove the 16GB storage with the 7 moving towards 64GB, 120GB and 256GB. Anywhere from starting $299 - $1200

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I guess that's one advantage to getting an iPhone in Canada. The Apple Store here only sells unlocked, right from day one. Didn't realize you had to wait in the States. I wonder what the logic in that is.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It was so the carriers having agrrements with Apple to lock in to 2 year contracts as many customers as they could while they were in demand. Then a few months later when the craze and lines started go down they used to release the unlocked version.