Unlocked iPhone on AT&T

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZhenyaF, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

My first post - yay! - and a question

I purchased a refurbished 8gb iPhone for my girlfriend from At&t website last week. I successfully unlocked it and now she's using it with an At&t. She now wants to change her messaging plan from 200 to 1500. When we go to wireless.att.com website and log in to her account - it shows shes using an iphone and she cant make changes to her plan without calling At&t.

Any advise on what to do to change plan?

Background info - she likes the phone, doesnt need Edge (always in areas of wifi) or visual voicemail, and doesnt want to extend her contract by activating the phone.

2. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Get the contract she wants using a cheap AT&T phone then pop that sim card into her iPhone.

This is only for testing purposes. I do not condone usage that may violate AT&T and/or Apple's EULA.

;)

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

try changing the phone model on record in her account online - there's a link somewhere in that section that describes the current phone that says "not your phone?" or "change your phone model" or something along those lines. if she changes it to something else, that may open up her account to changes made online without calling at&t...

4. ZhenyaF thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried it and sadly it didnt work

5. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You can leave the SIM in another phone overnight and then you will be able to make changes again online.

6. ZhenyaF thread starter macrumors 6502

Update -
    Went on At&t website, changed the phone to razr (her previous phone). Then called customer service. The rep asked me which phone it will be used in, I said razr and she made the change, effective immediately.

7. StoneGaijin macrumors regular