Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

funkyshaker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hi,

My unlocked iPhone (1.1.1) arrived today and just wanted to post on what an excellent piece of kit this is.

As I already own an Ipod touch I thought that I wouldn't be that amazed with the iPhone - how wrong I was!

I am using it with an O2 simplicity sim with web bolt-on. All of the main apps seem to be working but I can't get a voicemail that I left for myself - not too sure if I need to put in a special number somewhere (any one have an answer to this?).

The only other thing is that I can't drag and drop tunes from my main library direct to the iPhone. I need to creat a playlist (I called it iPhone Music) and then I can drop the playlist to my phone. Bit strange but I can live with it.

To all those waiting next week for you phone you're gonna be amazed. I just couldnt be dealing with paying the tariffs that Apple and O2 dictated.

I am paying £22.50 for 200 mins, 400 texts and web bolt-on. Still not fantastic but alot better than their £35 effort!

Dan

Manj27

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2007
London
Type the following into your phone dial pad:

*5005*86*901#

Then press CALL.

Now, when you touch the voicemail icon on your iPhone, it will automatically dial your O2 voicemail.

funkyshaker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Type the following into your phone dial pad:

*5005*86*901#

Then press CALL.

Now, when you touch the voicemail icon on your iPhone, it will automatically dial your O2 voicemail.

Excellent - thank you. Is there a way of getting any notification that I have a voice message waiting for me?

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Hi,

My unlocked iPhone (1.1.1) arrived today and just wanted to post on what an excellent piece of kit this is.

As I already own an Ipod touch I thought that I wouldn't be that amazed with the iPhone - how wrong I was!

I am using it with an O2 simplicity sim with web bolt-on. All of the main apps seem to be working but I can't get a voicemail that I left for myself - not too sure if I need to put in a special number somewhere (any one have an answer to this?).

The only other thing is that I can't drag and drop tunes from my main library direct to the iPhone. I need to creat a playlist (I called it iPhone Music) and then I can drop the playlist to my phone. Bit strange but I can live with it.

To all those waiting next week for you phone you're gonna be amazed. I just couldnt be dealing with paying the tariffs that Apple and O2 dictated.

I am paying £22.50 for 200 mins, 400 texts and web bolt-on. Still not fantastic but alot better than their £35 effort!

Dan

iPhone is amazing. Regarding playlists... I don't know why people find this strange. I guess you are treating it as a phone and not an iPod?

funkyshaker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
just another quick question - is there a way of pointing the iTunes music store to the UK one instead of the US?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.