Unlocked iPhone on UK-O2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by funkyshaker, Nov 2, 2007.

1. funkyshaker macrumors regular

Hi,

My unlocked iPhone (1.1.1) arrived today and just wanted to post on what an excellent piece of kit this is.

As I already own an Ipod touch I thought that I wouldn't be that amazed with the iPhone - how wrong I was!

I am using it with an O2 simplicity sim with web bolt-on. All of the main apps seem to be working but I can't get a voicemail that I left for myself - not too sure if I need to put in a special number somewhere (any one have an answer to this?).

The only other thing is that I can't drag and drop tunes from my main library direct to the iPhone. I need to creat a playlist (I called it iPhone Music) and then I can drop the playlist to my phone. Bit strange but I can live with it.

To all those waiting next week for you phone you're gonna be amazed. I just couldnt be dealing with paying the tariffs that Apple and O2 dictated.

I am paying £22.50 for 200 mins, 400 texts and web bolt-on. Still not fantastic but alot better than their £35 effort!

Dan

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

3. Manj27 macrumors member

Type the following into your phone dial pad:

*5005*86*901#

Then press CALL.

Now, when you touch the voicemail icon on your iPhone, it will automatically dial your O2 voicemail.

4. funkyshaker thread starter macrumors regular

Excellent - thank you. Is there a way of getting any notification that I have a voice message waiting for me?

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

iPhone is amazing. Regarding playlists... I don't know why people find this strange. I guess you are treating it as a phone and not an iPod?

6. funkyshaker thread starter macrumors regular

just another quick question - is there a way of pointing the iTunes music store to the UK one instead of the US?