Unlocked Iphone On Us T-mobile Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphoneord, Sep 22, 2007.

1. iphoneord macrumors newbie

I recently unlocked my Iphone and ran into quite a few issues using it on T-mobile Us

1. I would recieve a voicemail notification after every reset no matter if messages where there or not

2. "No service" would pop up often for no reason in areas that I would normally get good quality reception it would take up to 2 minutes to regain a signal

3. Ran into issues with my bluetooth headset (jabra bt8010) with caller id not working with the iphone Called jabra and they said it was 100 percent compatable with the iphone just the stereo bluetooth would work

4. Email was very unreliable smtp failure messages alot on aol and gmail also yahoo wouldn't push

5. Call failure message when a call was missed

Since I like the phone so much I decided to switch to at&t to be able get new firmware updates and not worry about relocking the iphone, Also to clear up the issues mentioned above.

After doing so all of my issues where cleared right up besides yahoo's email pushing to the iphone. I couldn't live with those quirks some people may want to consider keeping there iphone locked and use at&t to enjoy the iphone to its full. Of course if thats an option for you for me it was

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Maybe Apple is engaging in shady tactics, although to be fair it is locked to AT&T...

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

All I have to say is good job making your phone less useful.

4. Templex macrumors regular

I'm also using an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile, and have none of these issues.