Unlocked iPhone Problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mamakate, Jul 2, 2009.

1. mamakate macrumors newbie

I have an unlocked iPhone that was 'jail broken' when I got it. Today it froze up and had a picture of the iPod cable leading to the iTunes thing. So I go home from work and plug it up to my computer and it downloads some new hardware that says that my 't mobile' doesn't work with the phone. So. I was wondering if there is any way to take off the new uploaded software.

And I'm new to this website. A buddy of mine told me that ya'll could give some good advice...

-Kate

2. aldude macrumors member

Not a lot of detail in your post, but it sounds like you used iTunes to restore your iPhone which replaced the jailbroken software with official Apple software - which doesn't let you use T-mobile SIMs.

You'll need to re-jailbreak your phone. Lots of info in various places round here. However, if you've got a 3G (not 3GS) a good place to look would be the Dev Team Blog. For a 3GS, look here. I have a 3GS and it worked for me!

If you post your exact model of iPhone then I'm sure others will post & provide further help. Once you've jailbroken, you'll need to install some software to unlock the phone so it can work with T-mobile again.

3. crunkcrumpet macrumors member

If you could tell us what software is on your iPhone now (Settings -> General -> About), and also what model it is (3G, 3GS, etc) then we can provide more information and get your phone up and running again :)

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Also tell us whether you are on Windows or OS X, and if possible which version you're on.

(PS I really like the idea of it downloading some new hardware, I wish mine would do that :D)

5. ingkirot macrumors newbie

have same problem

i have same problem too :(.. did u get urs fixed? i bought mine unlocked too . it was working good then suddenly it froze up with the ipod cable and itunes. i did the same thing i connected it to pc hoping it will solve the problem but unaccidentally restored it to factory settings and now all the apps on springboard are gone except this emergency call. i called the person i bought this from to but he cant guarantee he will fix it.

mine is 3gs 32gb , i have it not even 24hrs yet and really new with this iphone thing :(..pls help!

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As stated, need to know model of phone and firmware at minimum to help

Also...

Is your computer for sale ? I want to get a new iPhone this summer and have been looking for a computer that can download new hardware. :rolleyes:

Sorry Kate, I just couldn't resist. ;)

(Hardware is the nuts & bolts stuff, firmware or software is the operating system which makes the hardware run)