iPhone SE Unlocked IPhone SE Sim Card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobbype0, Mar 31, 2018.

1. bobbype0 macrumors member

Hey all. At the moment, i have another country sim card with my iphone se as this sim card is used outside the US. I want to buy a sim card for unlocked iphone SE. I want to buy like a lycamobile or something similar sim card so that i can use it in the us.

I checked ebay and can someone tell me the exact sim card i need? Because i have a tmobile sim card but i pretty sure this one is not compatible with the iphone se. Thus i know there is micro, nano etc.

Can someone tell me if this would work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-LYCAMOB...583384?hash=item2834721458:g:43MAAOSww5hZG40M

Thanks.

2. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I may not be understanding completely what you are asking but if you have an unlocked iPhone SE which uses a nano sim then your t mobile nano sim should work in your phone.

3. bobbype0 thread starter macrumors member

Hi there. Well i notice it uses a nano sim. So i could use any carrier like lycamobile or tmobile etc on it?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 2, 2018 ---
    Could i buy a $1 nano sim card from lycamobile. Then if im in another country like say Mexico, i then get a number online by paying via credit card? Also i read the minimu is $10 to top off and it doesn't expire. If thats the case, can someone tell me if i could do that with an unlocked iphone? The whole purpose of this would be to receive a few text messages on the lycamobile us number and nothing more.

Thanks.

4. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

If your phone is unlocked then pretty much any gsm nano sim should work for you regardless of country. There may be a few radio frequencies or lte bands that may be lacking but overall it should be fine.