Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 28, 2003
UK
OK, ive got a Q for you. If one had an iPhone that they unlocked on their mac, then gave said iPhone to a PC using friend, when that PC user plugs it into the computer, im guessing iTunes will warn the user that it needs to restore it to 1.1.4 on windows and link it to their iTunes library?

Since ive never unlocked an iPhone before, would this PC restore brick / undo the unlock that was on it? or would it restore it fine? Im not worried about the jailbreak, just the SIM unlock.

sorry if this is a simple question that has been answered before, its a difficult one to search.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 28, 2003
UK
...success

To answer my own question and leave this morsel of wisdom for anyone else in my situation...

i Got an iPhone, unlocked it on my mac and plugged into a PC and it was fine. It didnt ask me to restore it like ive had to do with iPods in the past. I assumed that the iPhone would be HFS+ formatted, but it seems thats not the case

So you mac users who are unlocking iPhones for your PC friends, they'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.