Unlocked iPhone/SIM card question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pmcdn, Oct 19, 2014.

1. pmcdn macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2008
    If I bought an unlocked iPhone 6 plus and put my iPhone 6 SIM card in it, could I remove it later and then put another carriers SIM card in it or will it now be considered locked to Verizon?
  2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

Oct 31, 2010
    Hamilton, Ontario
    its always unlocked if it starts unlocked putting a carriers sim in does now change anything
  3. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2008
    So just to be clear, I could pull my verizon sim out and put an ATT or Sprint in and it will work fine?
  4. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

Oct 13, 2010
    Something that we don't talk about very much is that all Verizon iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are going to be unlocked, even if they are branded.

You can put an AT&T or T Mobile nanoSIM into a Verizon iPhone 6 and you will be just fine.

If you've bought an unlocked "GSM" iPhone 6 (the ones that come with a T Mobile SIM), you will be able to use both AT&T and Verizon SIM in them.

In that case (a Verizon SIM in a T Mobile iPhone) the only problem you'll have is if you are in a Verizon coverage area that is *not* LTE yet, because the unlocked "GSM" iPhone might not have the CDMA bands activated.

So a Verizon phone will have all of the GSM bands activated and will work with all US carriers in all areas. A T Mobile phone will work on all carriers in all areas except for a Verizon area in which there is no LTE.