Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenshinkitten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Bellevue
My brother has the 1st gen iPhone unlocked for t-mobile.
Last night he plugged it into his laptop and iTunes popped up and it gave him the option to restore it.
He says it only gave him that option not to upgrade but just to restore. So he clicked it, it restored the phone After it was finished restoring he took it out because it wasn't registering in iTunes and plugged it back in that is when the iPhone said there was an inactive SIM card. And where we are now.

I tried putting in my SIM card to see if that would help, it wouldn't register that one either.

I have no idea how to jailbreak a phone, my boyfriend handles this stuff. I myself have a 3G iPhone but nothing crazy like this has happened to me.

Help me please.

jmann

macrumors 604
By restoring instead of upgrading the phone it removes the unlock from the baseband (the part that needs to be modified to allow usage on T-Mobile), so now all you need to do if you are on 2.2 is download and run quickpwn and follow the easy instructions, and your phone should be unlocked again after quickpwn is finished running.

You can download quickpwn from here http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.