Unlocked iPhone to official fw?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EvanLugh, Dec 29, 2009.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I bought an iPhone 3G a while ago locked to O2. I used Ultrasn0w to unlock it so that i could use it with my Orange 3G Contract sim card. Everything works fine.
    But now Orange is official, if i restore my iPhone with the new downloaded firmware will it make it officially Orange - and just jailbreak?
    Are there any pros or cons to become official again?

Thanks in advance!

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Just try to restore it with the orange SIM in see what happens. Some people have had success when they put the orange SIM in because it downloads the carrier settings. That hasn't happened for some people you may as well try.

3. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Hmm okay i think i'll give it a go..was hoping for someone who'd done it so i don't mash up my baseband.. oh well.

Here's what im going to do should anyone else need the info (as i was searching for days)..

-iPhone 3G 02 - Unlocked for Orange Contract sim working fine (unlocked with unltrasn0w)
    -Connect to itunes, restore with the new firmware, leaving the sim card in the iPhone.
    -Restore
    -????
    --Jailbreak if working..

:)

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

5. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Because i bought it online so i don't have any original details they require..

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You will be able to get a free unlock with a Simplicity SIM. They just need an O2 phone number and the IMEI of the phone, there's a few people on here who have unlocked iPhones after buying them second hand.

7. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I might just go back to ultrasn0w after clicking update poised me with this:
    [​IMG]

And I've tried some online solutions but they don't work for me. Oh well guess you can't do it :rolleyes: