Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
USA
It's look like most of the iPhone selling now is unlocked sim free, If you look at the map there are plenty iPhones in Apple retail stores but no unlocked sim free,
it's time to join the rest of the world.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It's because the Store is down so you won't see any sim-free available but if you do actually go to the apple retail store they do have them for the 7's. Some store may have the Plus.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I think he's talking about istocknow.com/live map. which is up, and with that being said I keep seeing sim free ones available, but they keep going. If you check more often you will see them show up and they then are gone within minutes or sometimes within the hour.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Interesting, I have been seeing sim free available all over the USA all week....suddenly nothing. Maybe the query for it is down.
It's because the Apple online store is down. You can still reserve a phone via the iUP link they provide but doesn't show the sim-free.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
USA
It's because the Store is down so you won't see any sim-free available but if you do actually go to the apple retail store they do have them for the 7's. Some store may have the Plus.
Checked it yes they have the 7 but no 7 + in any black some gold and rose sim free none
[doublepost=1477613400][/doublepost]
If you pay full price any carriers iPhone 7 will be unlocked.

not true you have to buy the A1661 the carriers open to any carrier in the USA only blocked to over sea had to return full price paid to best buy

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Only if you buy from Apple.
Buying iPhone anywhere else, it will still be locked even if you pay full price (except for Verizon version).

Correct.
The OP was talking about the Apple retail store and I told him that full priced iphones are fully unlocked.
[doublepost=1477657845][/doublepost]
not true you have to buy the A1661 the carriers open to any carrier in the USA only blocked to over sea had to return full price paid to best buy

That is false.
If you buy full price at the Apple store it will be unlocked. Period.
Your original post did not say anything about best buy or buying from walmart or other locations.
You said at the Apple retail store.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
USA
Correct.
The OP was talking about the Apple retail store and I told him that full priced iphones are fully unlocked.
[doublepost=1477657845][/doublepost]

That is false.
If you buy full price at the Apple store it will be unlocked. Period.
Your original post did not say anything about best buy or buying from walmart or other locations.
You said at the Apple retail store.
Just came back from the apple store so only if you buy the sim free model A1660/A1661 its fully unlock all the ATT and so unlocked not will work in the all countries in the world and you have to pay it in full no Apple payment.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Just came back from the apple store so only if you buy the sim free model A1660/A1661 its fully unlock all the ATT and so unlocked not will work in the all countries in the world and you have to pay it in full no Apple payment.
Verizon models are unlocked no matter what essentially. Other ones are unlocked if bought at full price from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.