Unlocked/Jailbroken 3G SLOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sherryl96, Oct 14, 2010.

1. sherryl96 macrumors newbie

I have an Unlocked and Jailbroken 3G iPhone that I use with Tmobile. I have had so many problems since I got it unlocked and I have been working non stop trying to get it working. I couldnt get it to send picture messages. It didnt want to go on youtube. It is just a pain in my a$$...

Anyways. my new problem is this. it is slow. REALLY SLOW! Like when I click on the little button it can take up to 20 seconds to load up my messages folder and sometimes it doesnt load at all and it just freezes. is there something I can load up in cydia that can speed this up a little? anything? Life is too short!!! lol

2. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

how can we help you dont give any technical specs

what did you use to jailbreak?
    what firmware are you on?
    what did u use to unlock?

what cydia extensions are you using?
    does resetting the phone help at all?

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

If you're using iOS 4.x.x and up, you need to downgrade to 3.1.x. Otherwise, we need more info.

4. rcyoung macrumors newbie

NO guarantee....but I just jailbroke/unlocked a 3G and there was a comment along the way of whether you wanted to enable multi-tasking in iOS 4.1. If you did, since the 3G is an older (and slower processor), it mentioned response would be very slow. Could you be caught in this problem??