Unlocked + Jailbroken iPhone 3GS accidental reset

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macskid, Oct 24, 2011.

1. macskid macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

So I jailbroke and subsequently unlocked my iPhone 3GS last January with no problems since then. It is running iOS 4.2.1 I believe. Since then I purchased a 4S and decided to give my old 3GS to a friend. Not thinking, I went to Settings and Deleted Content & Settings. I realize now that this was a dumb move but I absently thought that the unlock and jailbreak would be retained and that my content and settings would simply be wiped.

Since then, the phone is stuck on the Apple logo (or in my case a custom boot logo). What process should I use to go about bringing things back to normal? I poked around Pwnage and Redsnow but don't seem to still have the custom ipsw anywhere (dumb, I know). Is there any hope?

Thanks,

Nick

2. nikaminn macrumors newbie

Did you solve your problem??

Hi! I got exactly same situation. I wonder if you solved this case. If you did, please tell me how. Thanks!!

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Pretty simple solution here. Place phone into dfu mode and restore with your custom firmware that preserves the unlock by not updating the baseband. Of course if you don't have any saved shshs this is a moot point.

Jeeze this thread is 4 moths old. Why dig up old threads? It doesn't cost anything to start a new one.