Unlocked/JB iPhone 4, what should happen if...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdminpdx, Mar 24, 2011.

1. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Something goes wrong and I need to restore for whatever reason?

I was able to find an iPhone 4 running FW 4.0 and has the 01.59 Baseband. Its a good price and I really want it over my 3GS that I'm using on t-mobile. I was just curious what needed to be done should something like the above happen. I would hate to buy it and just my luck something happens and then be out of luck.

Thanks for any assistance!

2. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

well now they came out with those sim card things that unlock the phone, similar to turbosim back in the day

3. jdminpdx thread starter macrumors 6502

That can't be my only solution...at least I hope not.

I went the turbo sim route way back when. It was not very reliable. This new turbo sim seems VERY sketch

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You'd have to use tiny umbrella and see if it had any blobs. That's the only way you can install an older iOS. If it doesn't, you would have to be extremely careful about updates; you can't be an idiot and accidentally update.

5. jdminpdx thread starter macrumors 6502

Can I save these blobs now? Thanks for your assistance

6. jdminpdx thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Find out if the i4 in question has any shsh blobs saved.
    If not plug it to Tinyumbrella and start saving them right away.
    On the iphone 4 you can restore to factory firmware and still save your unlockable baseband 01.59.00 by using Tinyumbrella Start TSS server while you restore. That will keep your baseband but update your firmware. This way you wont lose your unlock and the most that would happen is you will be on stock firmware and just wait for the next jailbreak and then install ultrasnow from cydia to unlock it again.