Unlocked & Ready For Cricket

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedeske, Sep 20, 2015.

1. thedeske macrumors 6502a

This place is over-run with 6S waiting to deliver strings, so I'll offer
    something different.

Kept my 5S and today was the last day "In Contract" so I'm giving Cricket a try soon.
    The unlock request process was easy - took about a minute for AT&T to approve.
    The backup/restore was not so quick.

Really looking forward to 35 a month after 2 years of 77-80 something. Data is a low
    priority here. Basic Basic for cheap I hope. I'll be on the same network, so what's
    the downside? I don't see one for my purpose.

Oh, and this is my 5th iPhone, so the "New Shiny" doesn't impress quite as much these days.
    Not to spoil the new iphone fun (impossible), but it's not a big leap until next year IMO.

Mean time, I'm going low tech .. er ...low payments ;)

2. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I'm on Selectel. I don't need a lot of data, and I enjoy Verizon's network via an MVNO. My wife and I have been enjoying the savings for almost 2 years.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It'll probably be great. I'm on StraightTalk for ~46.23/month after all taxes/fees, get 5GB/month and noticed no difference from when I was on AT&T.

4. thedeske thread starter macrumors 6502a

They resell time on any network - correct?

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Very little. I enjoy the flat $35/mo.

Downsides.
    No tethering.
    Lowest priority. At a major sporting/concert/event? The ATT people probably get higher priority.
    No roaming on partner networks. I've never actually encountered this when I was with ATT, and my noticeable coverage didn't drop.