Unlocked T-Mobile iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ImTheOne, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ImTheOne macrumors member

Ok.. Umm.. I am not sure if I can ask this but I had some questions for if someone could please answer thanks.

I am on a T-Mobile contract for another year and am dying for an iPhone, I will probably end up with the 1st gen unlocked cause personally I don't give a crap about 3G and GPS. So my questions are..
    1. I have the "T-mobile 5 faves" thing since I already have people added and it currently set up on my phone will it let me talk to the people I have it set up on for free like a normal phone and then if I needed to change it pop my sim back into another phone change it and back to the iPhone?
    2. Will it use my text messages like normal and everything?
    3. On safari and youtube when I am not in Wi-Fi range will I have to have the internet setup on my t-mobile contract or will it like just not allow me to use it.
    Thanks if your able to help.

2. Love Juice macrumors regular

1 ) myfave works as normal, just w/o the built in program on tmo branded phones. you can make changes to the 5 on the tmo website if you need to.

2 ) texts just like on any other tmo phone, just easier to type

3) you have to have a tmo internet plan (tzones or full), just put in the correct settings and the internet w/ email will work as normal

3. ImTheOne thread starter macrumors member

Thanx man you were a big help. :)
    I really appreciate that.

4. ShellyFM macrumors regular

what are the tmo settings and how do you set them up on the 1st gen iPhone?

Thanks!!!