Carrier Unlocked Verizon iPhone 7 in store on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SoAnyway, Sep 11, 2016.

1. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

Hopefully this is the right part of the forum for this...

So I pre-ordered a jet black 128GB iPhone 7 this past Friday. I'm a T-Mobile customer but I wanted to get an unlocked-paid in full Verizon/Sprint/CDMA version as the T-Mobile/AT&T is GSM only. Since I'm not a Verizon or Sprint customer, I couldn't get an account verification and ultimately just settled for the unlocked T-Mobile version. Thing is, my phone won't ship out for 2-3 weeks and has a target delivery of October 4-10.

Between now and then, I'd like to see if I can get a Verizon/Sprint version if I can in store then cancel my order. So my question is, what are the chances that I'll be able to get an unlocked Verizon/Sprint jet black iPhone 7 in store before mine ships? Further, if I go to the Apple Store, will they sell it to me without an account verification as I plan to stay with T-Mobile?

2. PieTunes macrumors 6502

PieTunes

Something tells me that jet black phones will be hard to come by for walk-ins for several weeks, regardless of carrier or capacity. At any rate when you go to the Apple Store and were wanting to buy a Verizon phone, were you planning on buying the phone outright? If that's the case, I would think they will let you buy any phone you please.

3. SoAnyway thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm planning to buy a 128GB Verizon/Sprint jet black 7 outright and pay in full. I just hope they don't have me go through some stupid eligibility process because I'm a T-Mobile customer and have no intention of switching.

4. dcgore macrumors member

I think there is chance since you aren't getting the plus.

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Chances are very slim to none the first few days. Jet black is in high demand

6. SoAnyway thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not after the 7 Plus, it's too much of a brick for me. I'm buying the 4.7" 7.

7. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

No. unlocked was January two years ago and October last year. This year's supply/demand is looking more like 2014. I'd say you'll be waiting a bit.