Unlocking 3GS for UK Vodafone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dreamingoflions, Sep 7, 2010.

1. dreamingoflions macrumors newbie

I am moving to the UK for Grad school and would like to take my AT&T 3GS with me. I know they don't generate unlock iphones which is ridic....

Anyways I am willing to to get my phone unlocked through other means.
    Which one is the best service to unlock an iphone. I want to still be able to update my phone after I unlock it and use the app store or is that too much to hope for?

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

First, Jailbreak the phone. Then, you will have Cydia, and through it, you install Ultrsnow to unlock. Now, the big question. What OS version is phone currently running?

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

if you want to unlock an ATT phone you have to Jailbreak it first. When you JB and UL you cannot update the phone to new firmware on release. You must always wait for the Dev team to release new tools before updating. There will be no problem with using the App store after JB and UL.

The ability to JB and UL your phone at the present time depends entirely on which FW the phone is running if you have already updated to 4.0.2 you cannot presently JB or UL the phone. If you are still on 4.0.1 or earlier FW versions then you can JB and UL using the jailbreakme.com web site and Ultrasnow for the unlock.

4. dreamingoflions thread starter macrumors newbie

I am currently running 4.0 and so I should just use the jailbreakme.com website now and then use their tools to update?

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Yes