Unlocking a iPhone 3G running OS 4 kjflsjdaflksajflsdfakefmcads

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mapocher, Jul 26, 2010.

1. mapocher macrumors newbie

Let me just start off by saying I did search this on various forums and google and I've tried almost everything I could find but nothing worked. I wasn't able to find anyone in my exact situation so maybe someone on here has an idea?

My friend has an iPhone 3G she bought a while back. Recently she decided she wanted to unlock it for T-mobile. The problem is she accidentally updated the software to OS 4 and now it just shows the connect to itunes and an error that reads "No SIM card installed; Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone" (I tried using another friend's working iPhone sim card but the message didn't go away)
    Before she upgraded her OS, she was able to use her iphone over wifi for the apps.

My question is, how do I downgrade the OS? I've tried downloading the 3.1.3 IPSW and alt+clicking restore. It restored and error 1015 came up (which i read is common) and i've tried using recboot and terminal to get rid of the error but nothing works.

Any help is greatly appreciated please :)

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

So are you currently stuck with the 1015 error?

3. mapocher thread starter macrumors newbie

I just clicked cancel and unplugged it and now the iPhone is on the lock screen with the SIM error and emergency calls only

4. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

So when you plug the phone into the computer it gives you the activation page?

5. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

use recboot. just google it,download it, run it and choose exit recovery mode. that should work. after that it may say enter valid sim from then just jb with redsnow.

6. mapocher thread starter macrumors newbie

So I just ignore the message that tells me to insert SIM? Is there any way to check what OS I'm running then? Cause iTunes won't let me do anything because it just tells me to insert a SIM

7. mapocher thread starter macrumors newbie

just a quick bump...still haven't been able to figure itout

8. douflag macrumors member

I believe that means your iPhone is not yet activated. I'm not sure if redsn0w will activate, but you need to find an AT&T sim card and insert it in the phone. Hook the phone up to the computer and open iTunes. It should activate the phone for you then. Once there, you can use redsn0w to jb and ultrasn0w to unlock.

Otherwise, you could create a custom activate firmware to load onto the phone.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can just jailbreak from the lock screen using Redsn0w, Be sure to check the "Activate" checkbox.

10. mapocher thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried using another friend's workign SIM card but the error doesn't go away

Using redsn0w, I choose the 3.1.3 IPSW right? I will try it out when I get home; thanks for the suggestions :)