Unlocking an iPhone 3G without internet!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hersh, Jul 7, 2010.

1. hersh macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to unlock a jailbroken iphone without wifi or a data plan?
    is there some way to unlock a 3G with some software straight from the computer?
    I own an iPhone 3G and had it unlocked. Except i clicked erase all contacts and content and it is now stuck in some mode where it is at the startup page with the apple logo but also has the circular rotating loading icon. (this is different from the loading bar during the reset)
    how long must i wait for the reset to complete? it has been very long. also will the phone still be jailbroken and unlocked afterwards?
    if not (or if i have to restore with 3.1.3 firmware) then is there any method that i can unlock the phone again? i am in india now. so i can jailbreak it using spirit but how do i unlock it since i have no data plan? also the wifi antenna is broken so wifi does not work. is there a program that i can do it straight through the computer to make it functional and unlocked?
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. I know its alot but i'd really appreciate help.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You erased the operating system, so the phone cannot restart. You will need to restore the firmware, then jailbreak.
    If you have no data and Wifi doesn't work, you would have to get the Ultrasn0w.deb package and SSH it in, then execute it.

I have to ask, with no data and no Wifi, why an iPhone. Defeats the whole purpose of an iPhone.