Unlocking an Iphone 4s?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by grizzafted, Feb 21, 2012.

1. grizzafted macrumors newbie

I'm sure this has been asked 40 million times but I couldn't find it easily; is there an unlock for the 4s? Mine is jailbroken with absinthe, and I haven't tried the weird unlock that I've seen on youtube yet. Anyone try that and have it work, or is there some kind of ETA on a real unlock? I was stupid and bought this thing thinking there would be a forthcoming unlock for it but I can't seem to find one.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No. ETA's are never given out.

3. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

Yes they are, where have you been the last 5 months?

"in a few" is the most popular eta regarding anything iphone. ;)

4. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

Over the past week or so, several Chinese vendors have come out with SIM interposers called, R-SIM, TP SIM & GPP SIM that I have seen so far on the internet. All of these work similar to Gevey SIM, if I am not wrong.

There are several videos on youtube and some of these SIM interposers are being sold on eBay anywhere between $25 and $85. Prices should drop in a week or two, but I have not read of any actual users confirming that these interposers have done the job although youtube videos and the sellers state that they do.

5. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

If your account has been in good standing for the past 60 days, your carrier can unlock your 4S with a single push of a button. Granted, you can't simply drop another US carriers SIM, but take use it overseas with an overseas SIM and you're good to go!

6. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

This is not true if you are with AT&T. AT&T will not unlock iPhones period.