iPhone Unlocking AND Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rosssymons, Nov 2, 2012.

1. rosssymons macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have been scouring the web and everything is quite confusing.

I would like to jailbreak an iPhone 3Gs and make it usable on any network. Currently it is locked on Orange, but I am on a different network.

Could someone just point me in the direction of an up-to-date guide on how to do this. I see a lot of talk about changing basebands, then jailbreaking, then unlocking etc etc.

I am not too worried whether it is tethered/untethered, and my iPhone is currently up-to-date on 6.0.1.

Thanks.

P.S Dont know if these are needed but first 5 numbers of serial - 86951. First 2 letter of model MC. Also my baseband currently 05.16.07

Also, I found this guide which seems fairly comprehensive, can anyone tell me if it is worthy of following? http://www.beijingiphonerepair.com/...d-5-16-07-to-5-13-04-for-unlocking/#idc-cover

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It depends if you can use the manual; do you have your hashes/blobs for 6.0 or 5.1.1?

I recommend you try to buy an IMEI unlock online, it's a permanent solution and does not require a jailbreak

3. rosssymons thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not no.

And any recomended sites that aren't asking me to take out a mortgage?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

If you don't have blobs, you can't downgrade the firmware and are stuck on 6.01.

At present there is no jailbreak possible on 6.01, although a solution will be provided rather quickly i suppose because of the limera1n exploit.

There is an ungoing thread in the top ten on IMEI unlocking, check it out

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Apple still signs 4.1 on 3GS. So, you can down grade it to that firmware without blobs.