Unlocking EMPTY iPHONE???????

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vamshi032, Nov 23, 2010.

1. vamshi032 macrumors newbie

As weird as the title sounds, I'm stuck in a strange situation.
    My iphone used to have iOS 4.1 with baseband 2.10.04. There is no unlock yet for tht as far as I knw. Now I erased all the data accidentally, so its in recovery mode now. I want to unlock my phone so cannot really restore to iOS 4.2 with itunes and restore. WHat should I do now? Is it possible now to go back to iOS 4.1 with baseband (5.3....!) which is unlockable now?

plzz help, thank you

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

You can't downgrade your baseband.

Once it's at 2.10.04, there's no going back. Unless you have a very rare iPhone 3G with a very specific bootloader.

Otherwise, you're SOL>

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

No. Having 2.10 baseband means you have a IP4. 5.1... are found on iPhone 3G / 3GS only. Restoring to 4.1 would still get you 2.10 which is still not unlockable, but that's still your best option if Apple is still allowing you to restore to it. There's a higher chance of 2.10 (4.1) coming soon than 3.10 (4.2). If you can't restore to 4.1, 4.2 is your only option and wait for 3.10 unlock would be much longer.

4. vamshi032 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm having trouble using tinyumbrella now. I happened to erase my iphone jus a day before iOS 4.2 release. Now Im stuck in a position where I dont knw if it is a good idea to restore my iphone. I downloaded the firmware iOS 4.1 from a link. but can I restore my iphone to it using itunes saving my baseband??? Would itunes be updating my baseband if I do it?

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

You've already got the most recent baseband. And it cannot be unlocked right now.

So you can use iTunes, the damage is done.